Navigation Bar

Friday, August 19, 2011

Journey Into Self Publishing Part 1

Today I hit a milestone--100,000 words!

I'm writing at a snail's pace of 4000 words per week and this has been a long time in the making. Everyday for six months, sitting at this laptop, has taken its toll. Let me tell you, this does not come easy for me. I love to write, but I just wish it would come easier.


Anyway, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There's still a bit more story to tell, but the first draft is less than two months from being complete. Then comes the rewrites. I have decided to do two complete rewrites to further strengthen and unify my story.

My goal is to unleash my first novel on the world (will anyone even notice?) by the end of the year. I'm already planning the cover art , book trailer, and social media blitz. This really is a fun little project, it occupies my down time quite nicely.

So, I'm not ready to go into more detail about the actual novel . . . yet. Stay tuned for further, more frequent updates.

Jason Lee






No comments:

Post a Comment