Navigation Bar

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rethinking My Options

Well, I'm a little disappointed, to say the least. Five Times Vengeance has been on Amazon for 2 months and I haven't sold over 20 copies. I didn't expect to be the next Amanda Hocking (she's from my home state, by the way) but I thought I' d do a bit better than I have.

Firstly, I'm not really up on Social Networking. I didn't even have a Facebook account until a few months ago. I don't Twitter...yet. And this Blogger account is my first. I'll be the first to admit that I hate self promotion, and that is what this is all about. So, I have no one to blame but myself.

I also had too big of an ego to price my book at anything less than $2.99. And for a first timer like myself, that was a huge blunder. Also, I opted in to the KDP Select program. Another huge blunder, especially for a nobody like me. So far, after 2 months, by book hasn't been borrowed by anyone. Granted, Epic Fantasy isn't at the top of everyone's list, but I thought at least a few people would take a peek.

Once my KDP period ends in the middle of January, I will opt out of it. See, then I can put my ebook on other sites and reach a larger audience. KDP Select means my book must be Amazon exclusive. Booooo.

I'm flirting with the possibility of either dropping the price or maybe offering it for free for a few months and then raising the price back up. I'm not sure yet.

Well, for the next month I'll be shackled to Amazon. I can't wait to try other venues, experiment with prices and freebies, and see what the future holds.

Jason Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment